Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Review - Copasetic

Here's another little SoundClick gem I found and reviewed called Copasetic:

The flange is nice, and kicks the track off nice, especially when the beat kicks in. The pad is sweet, I like the overtones that sweep in through it every now and then. Bass is a bit weak, but honestly not by much, I just get the impression it's not there unless I try and hear it. Drums are fine, simple, but I like the sample choice.

OK. The vocals are off the hook... speaking of hook, I had to look the word "Copasetic" up, turns out it means (heres the quote from Wikipedia):

[i]The earliest known usage given in the Oxford English Dictionary is from the Irving Bacheller 1919 biography of Abraham Lincoln:

1919 I. BACHELLER Man for Ages iv. 69 ‘As to looks I'd call him, as ye might say, real copasetic.’ Mrs. Lukins expressed this opinion solemnly... Its last word stood for nothing more than an indefinite depth of meaning. [/i]

Now that I know what it means, sort of, I really enjoy it's usage in the song. Again, though, regarding the hook, I think when just the word gets repeated over and over, it can get tiring. The rest of the vocals are brilliant, great lyrics and the sound is clear on my KRK's.

Great track that I think could use a change-up with the hook, but otherwise a solid tune.

No comments: