Monday, April 21, 2008

Notes on Reviews

I got a few remarks that my reviews are pretty techy and hard to understand. Let me try and explain why.

First, and most importantly, I initially wrote those reviews for the artists themselves. Being an artist, I can definitely appreciate a more tech-savvy review of one of tracks from another artist, as it allows me to learn what I can do to up my art to the next level... sort of like a plumber getting a comment from a client, saying "ok it works", or a comment from another plumber saying something like "Yeah well (insert plumber-intense dialog here)", so he could do a better job the next time, or learn to be more efficient, or whatever. Yes, it's a bad example, but it's 8:30am.

Second, this is a new blog, and the idea of adding reviews to this came a bit late to me.

SO.

With all that in mind, I'm going to try and include 2 kinds of reviews in the same review... a more listener-friendly review, and a more comprehensive one for the artists checking out this page as well.

Stay tuned for more exciting breaking news!

No comments: